As a Service Engineer, you will be an ambassador of our brand as you are our customers first point of contact. You will travel amongst sites including your home site to assist with technical issues, breakdowns, maintenance and much more.
This role encompasses all aspects of servicing machinery, so you will need relevant experience in the print industry to be able to read electrical schematic and mechanical drawings.
You will work within the service team carrying out work on customer sites, so excellent customer service is a must. You will need to communicate efficiently with your team to organise your workload to give our customers the best experience possible.
You will be required to deliver demonstrations in several environments and be expected to provide training to the customers to run the machine as well.
ABG is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and we welcome applications from everyone who meets the criteria.
If you are you looking for your next step in electrical engineering, this could be it and we would love to hear from you firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Type: Full Time
Responsible To: Service Manager
- You will be charged with visiting customer sites to install new machinery and provide onsite training for customer operators.
- You will also be required to conduct routine maintenance and repair and test machinery at both customer and your base site.
- Complete action flow and job sheets for final customer sign off and
- Update and submit personal administration regarding time sheets and expenses.
- You will be responsible for maintaining your vehicle and recording mileage.
- You will be active in the personal development of your product and customer knowledge to be able to run machines for Customer demonstrations and factory acceptances and assist with technical queries.
- You will adopt 5S approach and lean manufacturing methodology.
- Web handling and Print Finishing experience
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitudes
- Ability to read electrical schematic and mechanical drawings
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Communicate effectively
- IT skills
- Work towards common goal of the business with stakeholders
- Positive work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to meet demands and deadlines
- Willing to travel
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good time management
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Solutions driven
- Strong communicator