Control Systems Engineer
As a Control Systems Engineer you will produce, test and modify machine software to ensure bespoke machine functions operate to customer needs, within legislative requirements and to the latest highest standard.
You’ll have strong communication skills and be happy providing technical knowledge and expertise to support the ABG Service department, electricians, contractors and customers.
You will be drafting and checking electrical drawings when reviewing projects and communicate modifications to collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure outcomes meet the necessary customer needs.
There may be a requirement for occasional global travel to ABG sites, customers and supplier sites for installation and diagnostic assistance.
ABG is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and we welcome applications from everyone who meets the criteria.
If you are you looking for your next step in engineering, this could be it and we would love to hear from you: email@example.com
|Location:||Bridlington, East Yorkshire|
|Role Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Software and Electrical|
|Responsible To:||Software and Electrical Manager|
- You will be able to write and modify existing code using the appropriate IEC 61131 language to fulfil the machine requirements.
- You will be involved in creating the software descriptions for the machine manual to provide operating instructions and / or test procedures to meet customer needs.
- You will maintain legislative knowledge to deliver market leading quality, design standards and robust safety systems.
- Suitable experience or HNC up to degree level
- Relevant PLC / HMI / software knowledge and experience
- Able to work on projects from concept through to commissioning and completion.
- Using fault finding tools in electrical, software and mechanical capacities.
- Work towards common goal of the business with stakeholders
- Ability to work alone or within team.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- Solutions driven.
- Good communicator